Re: Proposal to replace/extend current armhf builders

Hi all,

On 11/14/2013 03:36 PM, Konstantinos Margaritis wrote:
(resending for the 3rd time to the list, for some reason my emails only
appear on the list only if I sign them)

On Wed, 13 Nov 2013 22:21:00 +0000
peter green <plugwash@p10link.net> wrote:

Konstantinos Margaritis wrote:
So, my counter-proposal to that is that we get instead some cheap
easy to replace boards like the Arndale [4] or the Odroid-XU [5].

The main concern I would have is that these boards are "unproven".
Personally I'd want to see a new board successfully building packages
with a tolerable ammount (ideally zero) of crashes for at least a
month or so before comitting to build out an entire cluster of them.

That's true, but judging by the Odroid-X which I already have and has
been rock solid in compiling since day 1 (over USB for that matter), I'd
bet in favour of the odroid-XU as well. But yes, I wouldn't object
against testing first of course. My biggest concern is in actually
making a choice, and going with that, rather than insisting on a
particular solution.

Can we offer some Nitrogen6X boards for this? They have a convenient
SATA interface that provides pretty good speed (~110 MiB/s reads).

	http://boundarydevices.com/products/nitrogen6x-board-imx6-arm-cortex-a9-sbc/

We'd certainly like the opportunity to contribute.

Please advise,

Eric Nelson