Re: flash-kernel anb beaglebone

On Wed, Nov 13, 2013, David Goodenough wrote:
> I know that work is proceeding on mips and device tree, what I was asking
> about was getting flash-kernel to work on mips(el) devices.  Or are you
> implying that the only holding it back is the lack of device tree and that
> as soon as DT is used for mips(el) that flash-kernel will be available for
> mips(el)?

flash-kernel is usually updated per machine; doing the packaging changes to
enable a mips/mipsel build is relatively trivial (grep for armel / armhf and
list mips / mipsel there), but the new machines must be enabled correctly.
Ideally not only in flash-kernel but also in debian-installer to generate
suitable installation media.

There might also be some kernel packaging changes to do.

--
Loïc Minier