Re: Fwd: Do others see install failures on DNS-323 to ext2 FS from Debian 7.0 netboot.img?

Hi Tai,

* Tai Viinikka <tai@eastpole.ca> [2013-10-13 08:46]:
> filesystem, cannot make the system bootable because necessary links
> are not created in /dev/disk/by-uuid/

I finally had time to look into this issue.  I summarized what I found
in a bug report: http://bugs.debian.org/729445

I hope someone who is more knowledgeable about this part of the
installer will take a look soon.

> (Ext2 seems to be the only linux-native FS available in the installer.)

I wonder why you say that.

That's something I never understood about the several reports I
received from other users about this problem.  Why do they use ext2
for the root partition?  By default, the installer should use ext3,
but for some reason it must be ext2 on the DNS-323.  I'm not sure why
and I'm not around my ARM devices at the moment to check.  But this is
definitely another issue since ext2 should *not* be the default for
the root partition (only for /boot).

--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/