Re: Porting for dummies?

On Thu, Nov 07, 2013 at 09:54:08AM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 7, 2013 at 9:42 AM, Mikhail Ramendik wrote:

Hi Mikhail,

> > Well, I can temporarily install the binary blobs, can't I? These ones:
> > http://linux-sunxi.org/Binary_drivers . They even have a rebuilt package
> > specifically for debian. I know I'm on my own re stability of that. But then
> > eventually, as I hope, LIMA will mature and make it into Debian.
>
> I tend to avoid proprietary things at all costs. I think it would be a
> much more productive use of your time to try out the in-development
> lima drivers, which are faster than the proprietary MALI driver anyway
> and probably more stable.

If you're willing to test a completely free system based on debian on
ARM, including the LIMA drivers, I'm willing to help you with some
hardware.  I have a couple ARM boards here at work, some older iMX.53,
and a Beagleboard.  I may have something even a bit newer if you're
interested.

My only requirement is that you'd return any changes directly to
Debian and focus on software that fits the DFSG. Obviously you can do
whatever you want once you have the hardware, but giving the hardware
to a good home matters to me so if you're going to do some Debian
stuff anyway drop me a line.

Cheers,

Jeremiah