Re: BeagleBone Black apt oddness

On Sat, Nov 9, 2013 at 7:55 PM, Paul Wise <pabs@debian.org> wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 10, 2013 at 9:12 AM, Nigel Sollars wrote:
>
>> Reading package lists... Error!
>> E: gzread: Read error (-3: <fd:6>: invalid code lengths set)
>> E: The package lists or status file could not be parsed or opened.

Interesting, have not personally seen that error in my shipping image
yet..  Can you share the sequence of events that led up to that error
message..

> I found a thread with the same error so this is probably not ARM-specific.

> Also looks like it isn't specific to Debian:
>
> https://www.google.com/search?q="invalid+code+lengths+set";
>
> Sounds like some file is corrupted somewhere, use this to find out which one:
>
> strace -f -F -e trace=open,connect apt-get update
>
>> The Image is this one:
>>
>> BBB-eMMC-flasher-debian-7.2-2013-10-25.img
>
> Debian doesn't produce any images by that name so I wonder where you
> got that from?

It's one of my monthly release's.. Hides.

>> Linux arm 3.8.13-bone28 #1 SMP Thu Sep 12 23:22:35 UTC 2013 armv7l GNU/Linux
>
> That definitely isn't a Debian version of the Linux kernel.

It's the latest release snapshot from the beagleboard.org kernel release..

Regards,

--
Robert Nelson
http://www.rcn-ee.com/