Re: Qt5 switching qreal from float to double on arm*

Lisandro Damián Nicanor Pérez Meyer wrote:
I really don't understand where Canonical gets in here.
If qreal is float on armhf and key software fails in that configuration then canonical have to fix it (ubuntu are usually either very close to or ahead of debian on key software)

Afaict neither armel or sh4 has anything like the level of "corporate support" that armhf gets from canonical.
I also don't understand what you mean with "ports that stick with qreal". qreal is a typedef which type is defined at compile time. Did you meant float?
Sorry I meant ports that stick with defining qreal as float.
I have not participated in any way in upstream's decision nor I have the power to overcome them. Anyway, we are giving the choice of a compile-time parameter to better suit our needs on purpose.
The problem is this is going to have a massive affect on ABI which implies:

1: changing the descision later would mean a soname change
2: if debian make a different descision from other distros we will be binary incompatible.