Re: Installing Wheezy on DreamPlug: Unable to make the system bootable

On Sat, 2013-08-31 at 21:08 +0200, Paul Kocialkowski wrote:
> Le samedi 31 août 2013 à 20:01 +0100, Ian Campbell a écrit :
> > > In any case, there is a bug there -- my guess is that
> > > flash-kernel-installer hangs because of the partitioning layout for some
> > > reason. Note that running flash-kernel from the installed working system
> > > with my custom layout did work.
> >
> > That's very odd. I'm afraid that without breaking in to get some logs
> > I'm not sure how to take this any further.
>
> Perhaps you could reproduce the bug by using my custom partitioning
> layout and try to get logs from there?

My spare DP is in the middle of being used to debug #719680.

Please can you file a bug with the info from this thread, lets say
against flash-kernel for the time being, so this doesn't get forgotten.

>  There is still the option of
> enabling ssh to the installer (I managed to get root access to the
> installer via ssh) and see what happens when it hangs.
>
> I'm also starting to worry that reinstalling Debian too often might
> start to kill my internal micro sdcard.

I've reinstalled dozens of times on my spare one (testing the installer)
and it's not showing any signs. If it was going to die after a single
digit number of installations it probably wouldn't be suitable to use in
general either.

Ian