Re: Kirkwood kernel installation

On Sat, 2013-08-31 at 19:05 +0100, Ian Campbell wrote:
> On Sat, 2013-08-31 at 19:58 +0200, Paul Kocialkowski wrote:
> > When I got the dreamplug to finally boot Wheezy, during the expert mode
> > installation on which I skipped making the system bootable, I noticed
> > that it takes u-boot a very long time to load the uImage and uInitrd
> > (about 2 minutes for loading both) from the internal micro sdcard while
> > tftp takes like 20 seconds.
>
> It takes around that long here too, I think the MMC is just slow...

I use an external MMC and it looked fairly instant, and I see U-Boot
shows

1609040 bytes read in 222 ms (6.9 MiB/s)
7448684 bytes read in 765 ms (9.3 MiB/s)

so less than a second :-)

I did notice when I first got the Dreamplug that the supplied U-Boot was
very slow, especially enumerating the USB devices. With the Debian
U-Boot that takes about 3 or 4 seconds, then a second to load the kernel
and initrd.

--
Tixy