Will it work for QNAP 420?

Hi everyone,

I'm thinking about buying a QNAP 420, so can you please help me with
some questions:

1) First of all, will it work?
2) I need transmission, amule, proftpd, samba, murmur, openvpn, squid
and ntop. Does arm-debian have all these?
3) Can I install rootfs not on the SATA drives, but rather on the usb
flash-stick, thus leaving all of the drives completely system-free?
Maybe there are some other ways to keep the system off the disks?
4) Will I manage all this without any experience with debian? :) I used
gentoo for several years though.

Thanks in advance

Cheers,
	George