Re: NSLU2 Cluster

David Given wrote:
On 27/04/13 17:03, Brian Platt wrote:
I've got a couple of NSLU2 (slugs) sitting around idle and I thought as
a little project I could put them in a cluster. Can anyone recommend
some lightweight cluster software that can be used to share
storage/resources?

Back in the day I used to use OpenMOSIX for this sort of thing, but that
died years ago. The replacements seem to be LinuxPMI, Kerrighed or
OpenSSI. They also haven't shown any life for years and probably don't
work on ARM anyway. FWIW, here are the installation instructions for
OpenSSI on Debian:

I still miss OpenMOSIX...

I agree, it was an extremely impressive project- on x86. I think that LinuxPMI is slowly trying to resurrect it, but the size of the job and the acceptance of x86/x64 for number crunching means that ports to other CPUs are unlikely.

Having something like OpenMOSIX on ARM, with the capability of moving jobs and "personality" from a low-power processor in a 'phone to "big iron" when docked, could be a game-changer.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk