Re: Debian GNU/Linux on the ouya games console

hi,
On So, 2013-04-07 at 17:46 +0200, Peter Bauer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> The OUYA is a $99 device with a Tegra 3 (quadcore cortex A9)
> ARM processor which comes with Android.
> Their project homepage is:
> http://www.ouya.tv/
>
> In a review it was not that good as a games console.
> http://www.engadget.com/2013/04/03/ouya-review-founding-backer-edition/
>
> Maybe that thing would be of much better use as a general purpose
> computer running Debian GNU/Linux instead of Android.
>
> Interfaces: LAN,WIFI,HDMI,USB 2.0,MICRO USB,Bluetooth
> Storage: 8 GB internal Flash
> >From what I read the current bootloader of the device is not locked.
>
> What are the steps to be taken to get Debian running on this device ?
> Mayby someone already tried to run Debian on this device ?

the internals are pretty much identical to a nexus7 tablet. take a look
at the nexus7 desktop image creation in ubuntu (live-build configs and
build changes are in ubuntus livecd-rootfs package source, rootfs
tarball installation happens via the ac100-tarball-installer package in
ubuntu) it should be pretty trivial to get going if you use that design
as a base for something debianish ...

ciao
	oli