Re: QNAP-TS212 qcontrol problem

On Mon, 2013-02-25 at 17:19 +0100, Marc Bertens wrote:
> Hi Ian,
>
> On Sun, 2013-02-24 at 11:06 +0000, Ian Campbell wrote:
> > On Sun, 2013-02-24 at 07:53 +0100, Marc Bertens wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I am running Debian squeeze on my Qnap TS-119PII. I used the installer
> > > by Martin Michlmayr (cyrius.com). No exotic packages installed, just the
> > > ordinary openssh, samba, afp and apache.
> >
> > This is the exact same wording used by someone else in #667509. Weird.
> >
> > > Here is the problem; after some time "(PIC 0X0) unknown command from
> > > PIC" appears.
> >
> > Where does this message appear?
> On the console when i manually start qcontrol as a daemon.
>

> > Which version of qcontrol are you running?
>
> qcontrol 0.4.1
>

> > Do your logs (e.g. /var/log/daemon.log) contain anything?
> No, I check daemon.log, syslog, messages, dmesg. No mention of anything
> relating to qcontrol.

Sorry, hadn't quite twigged this was with Squeeze yet, I don't think
qcontrol had a daemon mode back then (I only took over after Wheezy
froze) so no logs is probably expected.

However even looking at the latest code it doesn't handle 0x0 from the
PIC either. There's no docs of the PIC protocol which I know of, your
best bet might be the qnap forums to see if they can explain what it
means.

Although there would be no harm in trying the Wheezy version of qcontrol
first just in case something has improved.

Ian.
--
Ian Campbell
Current Noise: Cannibal Corpse - Buried In The Backyard

To program is to be.