Re: Proposal to replace/extend current armhf builders

Thanks Ricardo,

On 11/15/2013 06:18 AM, Ricardo Mones wrote:
On Fri, Nov 15, 2013 at 12:37:15PM +0200, Konstantinos Margaritis wrote:
On Fri, 15 Nov 2013 00:23:55 +0000
Wookey <wookey@wookware.org> wrote:
[...]
Or Wanda or the Nitrogen6x we've just kindly been offered.

Or those, yes. One of the issues is getting boards with more RAM than
the current 1GB that the MX53 Locos have, so only the wandboard quad
and the utilite fall in that criteria, I see that the Nitrogen6X has
only 1GB RAM, so even if it's a nice and tempting offer, I'd still
think we need to evaluate this better. It would definitely improve the
situation immensely, but builds might still break due to OutOfMemory
errors (like iceweasel), but we would definitely get rid of tons of
timeout errors that currently need special casing.

   Surely it adds something to the final price tag but seems the
Nitrogen6X boards can be easily upgraded to 2GB:

   http://boundarydevices.com/products/2gb-ddr3-upgrade-for-nitrogen6x/

   So maybe still an option.

You saved me some time ;)

These boards do tend to be out of stock though (we keep underestimating
demand).

Regards,

Eric