Re: armel kernel 3.10.11 on orion5x - CONFIG_PCI_QUIRKS needed? [WD Sharespace related]

David Hicks <dave@nastylittlehorse.net> writes:

> Hi all,

Hi,

> I've recently picked up my porting work for the WD Sharespace again.
> Mostly pointless but it keeps me happy. I've generally been building
> kernels with a .config matched closely to the debian config, but I
> noticed that I can't get my box to boot without CONFIG_PCI_QUIRKS set,
> as the sata_mv driver probe fails.
>
> The Sharespace has similar hardware to the QNAP TS-409 and various
> other orion5x machines, has anyone with one of these devices had this
> problem running recent testing kernels?
> Is it just me and my 'special' NAS or are other orion5x/sata_mv
> devices affected?

it's not related to sata_mv. It's related to pci on
kirkwood/orion/... They have some special handling . Look for :

DECLARE_PCI_FIXUP_HEADER(PCI_VENDOR_ID_MARVELL, PCI_ANY_ID, rc_pci_fixup);

in your kernel sources. This also means that rc_pci_fixup() is called
only if CONFIG_PCI_QUIRKS is set so you do need CONFIG_PCI_QUIRKS.
On "recent enough" kernels, on kirkwood there's a select in Kconfig (since
commit 1dc831bf) but there's no select on orion so you have to make sure
you have enabled it.

Arnaud