Re: Good ARM board for Debian?

On Fri, Sep 27, 2013 at 8:35 AM, Marcin Juszkiewicz
<marcin@juszkiewicz.com.pl> wrote:
> W dniu 27.09.2013 03:28, Jerry Stuckle pisze:
>> On 9/26/2013 5:51 PM, Alexander Danilov wrote:
>
>>> There are olinuxino boards. I start use olinuxino a20.
>
>> Thanks - this one looks very promising.  I like the fact it is
>> completely open source, including board layouts and schematics.
>
> IIRC BeagleBone (both white and black) are also provided with
> schematics, pcb layouts etc.

 yes.  olimex do not release pcb layout files.

 although it is early days if your client requires full PCB layouts in
order to absolutely guarantee total vendor independence you might
consider helping get this completed:

 http://www.gplsquared.com/SoM2/SoM2.html

 dr ajith kumar and joe martindale have (apart from getting the PMIC
pad sizes wrong so they have to power it from an external 3.3v supply)
pretty much got this done, with full schematics and PCB files released
under the GPLv3 using KiCAD.

 personally i'm a bit stunned and dead impressed that they managed to
do DDR3 layout *by hand* in KiCAD.

l.