Re: Good ARM board for Debian?

Lennart Sorensen wrote:
On Thu, Sep 26, 2013 at 05:22:15PM -0400, Jerry Gagnon wrote:
The two that come to my mind are the BeagleBone Black and the Cubieboard,
both around the $50 mark.  Both run Raspbian, if that is good enough for
your needs.

http://beagleboard.org/Products/BeagleBone%20Black
http://cubieboard.org/

How about www.wandboard.org
The wandboard has it's good points and it's bad points.

Firstly the wandboard is made in two parts a carrier board and a processor board. This could be an advantage in some commercial embedded applications since you could design a custom carrier board but it does make the board quite chunky.

The biggest bad point I can think of is that while it has LOADS of GPIO that GPIO is not easilly accessible to the casual hobbyist. The supplied carrier board has the GPIO brought out to TINY connectors (they look like pin header sockets but much much smaller, I dunno what they are supposed to mate with) and building your own carrier board is going to be nontrivial.

Also the solo and dual models are IMO fairly expensive for what you get.

On the plus side if you want a quad core board with SATA that is reasonablly sized, reasonablly priced and readilly available the wandboard quad looks quite attractive.