Re: Sheevaplug hangs after u-boot upgrade

Regarding earlier mentioned Sheevaplug uBoot upgrade problem.

Problem: when installing some years ago, I did not create a boot directory. So the uImage and uInitrd files ended up in /boot/... After upgrading U-boot plug failed to boot. This entry fixed it.

setenv bootcmd_usb 'usb start; ext2load usb 0:1 0x00800000 /boot/uImage; ext2load usb 0:1 0x01100000 /boot/uInitrd'
saveenv

Thanks Martin, Bjorn, Clint, for your assistance.

Willem

2013/9/21 Martin Michlmayr <tbm@cyrius.com>
* Björn Wetterbom <bjorn@wetterbom.se> [2013-09-20 18:24]:
> So, it would be helpful to add to the upgrade instructions that the
> bootargs are reset on upgrade and that they have to be set again according

Oh yes, that's a good point.  If you upgrade from an ancient version
of u-boot, your u-boot environment will be destroyed.  This would
explain why the wrong kernel is being loaded.

--
Martin Michlmayr
http://www.cyrius.com/