Re: linaro ld works, but debian ld does not

On 08/12/2013 02:20 PM, Hector Oron wrote:
> Hello Stephen,
>
> 2013/8/9 Stephen Kelly <steveire@gmail.com>:
>
>> After compiling a file I can attempt to link it while passing a --sysroot
>> argument. With my linaro ld, this works, but not with my debian ld (can not
>> find libc.so.6):
> Debian does not provide cross-ld.
> Could you please tell where did you get your cross compiler from? How
> was binutils configured when built? Does it support sysroots?
>
> Regards,

Hello Hector,

Actually, I'm running Ubuntu:

stephen@hal:/tmp$ apt-file search /usr/arm-linux-gnueabihf/bin/ld
binutils-arm-linux-gnueabihf: /usr/arm-linux-gnueabihf/bin/ld
binutils-arm-linux-gnueabihf: /usr/arm-linux-gnueabihf/bin/ld.bfd
binutils-arm-linux-gnueabihf: /usr/arm-linux-gnueabihf/bin/ld.gold

stephen@hal:/tmp$ cat /etc/issue
Ubuntu 13.04 \n \l

http://packages.ubuntu.com/raring/binutils-arm-linux-gnueabihf

Is there a way to determine if it supports sysroots? It doesn't report
an error when --sysroot is passed, at least.

Thanks,

Steve.