Re: samsung chromebook

Philipp Hug <philipp@hug.cx> writes:

> Hi,

> I'm interested in helping with getting the arm chromebook supported in
> Debian.
> I currently have Debian running with the Ubuntu Chromebook kernel.
>
> I tried to enable exynos support on the Debian arm multi-platform kernel
> but 3.10-rc5 doesn't have exynos multi-platform enabled yet.
> Can someone point me to the patches to enable it?
> arm-soc/testing/exynos-multiplatform doesn't apply cleanly.

Multiplatform for exynos is atm disabled since commit
4923ee444a39c8b75027ed01a7812e940194dbec so it'll have to wait that
upstream sort that out.

That doesn't mean there's nothing to do. For instance:

- the ucm file doesn't work with alsaucm (solved/workarounded here, see
  attached doc. I might send it upstream later) but it remains the issue
  of having something enabling or disabling the headphone output when
  plugging headphones.

- keyboard mapping stuff so that one can get pg up/down, like what I did
  here: http://packages.rtp-net.org/debian/pool/main/x/xkeyboard-config/
  but I admit that my change suits probably only my use case... it
  doesn't solve the problem when not running Xorg.

- check if there's something to be able to adjust the brightness
  according to the light sensor (there's a device supported by the
  isl29018 driver)

There are probably other things to do and I guess that other people on
this list will be able to list them too.

Arnaud
SectionVerb {
	EnableSequence [
		cdev "hw:DAISYI2S"
		cset "name='Left Speaker Mixer Left DAC1 Switch' on"
		cset "name='Right Speaker Mixer Right DAC1 Switch' on"
		cset "name='Left Headphone Mixer Left DAC1 Switch' off"
		cset "name='Right Headphone Mixer Right DAC1 Switch' off"
		cset "name='DMIC1 Left Capture Switch' on"
		cset "name='DMIC1 Right Capture Switch' on"
		cset "name='MIC2 External Mic Switch' on"
		cset "name='Left ADC Mixer MIC2 Switch' on"
		cset "name='Right ADC Mixer MIC2 Switch' on"
		cset "name='EQ1 Mode' Default"
		cset "name='DAI1 Filter Mode' Music"
	]
	DisableSequence [
	]
	Value {
		PlaybackPCM "hw:0"
		CapturePCM "hw:0"
	}
}

SectionDevice."Headphone".0 {
	Comment "Headphone"
	Value {
		JackName "DAISY-I2S Headphone Jack"
	}

	EnableSequence [
		cdev "hw:DAISYI2S"
		cset "name='EQ1 Switch' off"
		cset "name='Left Headphone Mixer Left DAC1 Switch' on"
		cset "name='Right Headphone Mixer Right DAC1 Switch' on"
		cset "name='Left Speaker Mixer Left DAC1 Switch' off"
		cset "name='Right Speaker Mixer Right DAC1 Switch' off"
	]
	DisableSequence [
		cdev "hw:DAISYI2S"
		cset "name='EQ1 Mode' Default"
		cset "name='EQ1 Switch' on"
		cset "name='Left Speaker Mixer Left DAC1 Switch' on"
		cset "name='Right Speaker Mixer Right DAC1 Switch' on"
		cset "name='Left Headphone Mixer Left DAC1 Switch' off"
		cset "name='Right Headphone Mixer Right DAC1 Switch' off"
	]
}

SectionDevice."Mic".0 {
	comment "Microphone"
	Value {
		JackName "DAISY-I2S Mic Jack"
		CaptureControl "MIC2"
	}

	EnableSequence [
		cdev "hw:DAISYI2S"

		cset "name='DMIC1 Left Capture Switch' off"
		cset "name='DMIC1 Right Capture Switch' off"
		cset "name='Left ADC Mixer MIC2 Switch' on"
		cset "name='Right ADC Mixer MIC2 Switch' on"
	]

	DisableSequence [
		cdev "hw:DAISYI2S"

		cset "name='Left ADC Mixer MIC2 Switch' off"
		cset "name='Right ADC Mixer MIC2 Switch' off"