Re: sheeva with linux kernels not loading

>    Image Type:   ARM Linux Kernel Image (uncompressed)
>    Data Size:    2492921 Bytes = 2.4 MiB
>    Load Address: 00008000
>    Entry Point:  00008000
>    Verifying Checksum ... OK
> OK
>
> Starting kernel ...
>
> Uncompressing Linux... done, booting the kernel.

Are the 3.9 kernels compiled with gcc-4.8.x ?

I've been unable to produce Linux 3.8 and 3.9 kernels with gcc 4.8.0, but
the same kernels build and boot when compiled with gcc 4.7.2.

There's an open bug (I don't know if the specifics are the same) here:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gcc-4.8/+bug/1178847

Once I have finished building gcc 4.8.1 I will try with Linux 3.9.6. The
config on my Trimslice has 'earlyprintk', so I will get a trace (I don't
think this option exists for the Kirkwood platform config).

--
Stuart Winter
Slackware ARM: http://arm.slackware.com