Re: modifying and verifying debian installer for armhf board (a10-eoma68)

On Sun, 2013-05-19 at 18:48 +0100, luke.leighton wrote:
> > But the obvious answer here is to get support for your device into the
> > appropriate Debian kernel flavour and then integrated into the standard
> > d-i images. If there is upstream support then this ought to be more or
> > less trivial.
>
>  yeees.. that would be good.  what's the procedure there?  someone's
> already built one:
>  http://dl.linux-sunxi.org/users/niall/debian/

If you can identify which config options need to be enabled for a v3.9
kernel (which I think is due to hit Sid soon) then a wishlist bug would
do the job. Likewise if there are some backports required etc you could
request them in the same bug.

Looks like CONFIG_ARCH_SUNXI is part of the multi_v7_defconfig upstream,
which suggests it would be a candidate for being enabled in the new mp
(multiplatform) kernel flavour.

> >>  ah good.  that's a big clue.   got hold of network-console.udeb and
> >> openssh-server.udeb, unpacking them... ah ha!
> >> bin/network-console-menu and friends, _great_.
> >>
> >>  hmmm... now... where's the best place to put these [for execution as
> >> /sbin/telnetd -l /bin/network-console-something]
> >
> > Put them? They should be unpacked in the installer initrd which you
> > build.
>
>  yes.  i was just wondering how to execute them.  right now i've
> chosen /lib/debian-installer-startup.d/S98telnetd

Seems as good as anywhere.

Ian.