Re: bringing up a 2GB nitrogen6x

Jeremiah C. Foster wrote:

Why? I feel the same way but I just wonder why we have a penchant
for insisting on Debian? Is it the familiarity?
In this particular case the board is going to be used as an autobuilder for a debian derivative.

More generally I know a debian-like environment will provide a sane environment for building and running programs. The embedded distros are probablly a good idea if you are short of storage but otherwise I don't seem much point in them.
I've spoken to folks at Texas Instruments who state that hardware
floating point does not speed up 3D graphics that much. Why are you so interested in armhf?
I just feel I should be running something that isn't many generations behind the hardware I have. I also feel I should be running something that has a future.

Ubuntu armel has been abandoned and debian armel in addition to using the soft float ABI is also built for a CPU family a long way down from the hardware I have.
Sheesh. I wish I had advice, but I'm gonna punt on this one.
As I said in my followup mail I already solved the issue.