Re: d-i for wheezy on a Dreamplug, docs/recommended practice?

Le Fri, Mar 22, 2013 at 07:42:26PM +0100, Martin Lucina a écrit :

> Anyhow, my question / offer to help is: AFAICS at the moment there is no
> real documentation on how joe user can install wheezy on their Dreamplug
> using d-i, or if there is I haven't found it.
>
> In my case, being vaguely familiar with U-boot (and having just flashed
> U-boot 2013.01.01 on the plug), I followed these steps:
>
>     1. Download uImage and uInitrd from [1].
>     http://ftp.nl.debian.org/debian/dists/testing/main/installer-armel/current/images/.
>     2. Copy both to a (FAT-formatted) USB stick.
>     3. Boot into U-boot, stop the autoboot and run the following commands:
>
>         usb start
>         usb tree
>         [determine, using "fatls" etc, which device is the usb stick]
>         setenv bootargs console=ttyS0,115200
>         fatload usb 2:1 0x6400000 uImage
>         fatload usb 2:1 0x8000000 uInitrd
>         bootm 0x6400000 0x8000000
>
> Who can I contact about getting these steps into the wheezy installation
> guide in some prominent place?

Dear Martin,

thanks for your input.

The installation guide is packaged, so you can make your suggestion and send
a patch through a bug report against the "installation-guide" package (which
will be received on the "debian-boot" mailing list).

As you figured out by yourself, the "debian-arm" mailing list is also a good
place for discussing the additions that you propose.

Have a nice week-end,

--
Charles Plessy
Tsurumi, Kanagawa, Japan