Re: adventures with my imx53 quickstart board

On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 08:46:41PM +0000, peter green wrote:

>So now onto the conclusions from this adventure
>1: with the debian wheezy kernel network operation at 10mbps seems to
>be broken.
>2: the debian experimental kernel doesn't want to boot at all
>3: cheap network switches work fine most of the time but can do
>really strange shit from time to time.

Amen to that; it's not just cheap no-name switches, either. :-(

"The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that
 English is about as pure as a cribhouse whore. We don't just borrow words; on
 occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them
 unconscious and rifle their pockets for new vocabulary."  -- James D. Nicoll