RE: Can't get a Linux 3.6-rc zImage smaller than 2MB

What tools are you using to create vmlinuz and initrd? I’m trying buildroot but this doesn’t seem to support vmlinuz on ARM, only on MIPS.

Also did you do something with system.map?

Chris

From: Maciej Soltysiak [mailto:maciej@soltysiak.com]
Sent: Sunday, March 17, 2013 3:05 PM
To: Chris Wilkinson
Cc: debian-arm@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: Can't get a Linux 3.6-rc zImage smaller than 2MB

On Sun, Mar 17, 2013 at 3:35 PM, Chris Wilkinson <kinsham@verizon.net> wrote:

Congrats!

Do you think that dpkg –i …  on the ss4000e would upgrade the installed stock kernel to a customized one compiled by buildroot or make-kpkg?

Sadly, for me, dpkg -i doesn't seem to update the /boot/vmlinuz and /boot/initrd.img symlink; I'm not sure it runs flash-kernel either.

After running dpkg -i for the image and headers I go to /boot to make sure the symlinks are ok, make sure the vmlinuz file ends with iop32x and then run flash-kernel and then checks if it would fit the 2MB MTD region and it flashes.

After reboot if works fine.

Regards,

Maciej