How mature is KVM on ARM (Debian or Ubuntu)

How stable and mature is KVM (Kernel Virtual Machine) on Debian ARM ?

Currently at my employer, we have a cluster of about 20 Intel servers running Linux and Windows guests. We have been caught out by a few libvirt bugs but in general the whole set-up is very reliable.

Now there is a requirement to Android guests, and they need to be running ARM builds of Android, not x86.

The alternatives we are considering is either to use qemu for ARM emulation on x86 VM hosts, or to buy Cortex A15 hardware, and make use of it's VM support.

The first option is likely to have fairly poor performance, the question is will KVM on ARM be reliable, or is it so cutting edge, that we will be fighting constant crashes and spending all our time exchanging bug reports and patches with the KVM developers?

--
David Pottage