Re: arm64 Debian/Ubuntu port image available

On Wed, 2013-02-27 at 13:37 +0000, Wookey wrote:
> I had to choose between getting this working in vaguely finite time
> and keeping both Debian and Ubuntu bootstraps in sync, so unstable
> just got stuck at the 'toolchain bootstrap needed' stage.

That's quite reasonable

> Is raring useful to you or do you need sid? Once the toolchain is done it
> shouldn't be _too_ much work to get Debian uptodate although there
> will be a _lot_ of patched packages.

Raring is fine, just reached for Debian out of habit etc.

To be honest I'm probably getting a little bit ahead of myself anyway --
I'm working on aarch64 guest support for Xen at the minute and your mail
prompted me to wonder how hard it would be to build the Xen tools for
arm64 in a multiarch environment, to some extent the toolchain is the
least of my worries ;-).

Ian.
--
Ian Campbell

A witty saying proves nothing, but saying something pointless gets
people's attention.