Re: Toolchain for Debian 7 armhf

On Fri, Feb 15, 2013 at 9:26 AM, Yegor Yefremov
<yegor_sub1@visionsystems.de> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I've got Debian 7 image for BeagleBone from here:
>
> http://elinux.org/BeagleBoardDebian#Debian_Wheezy_snapshot
>
> Now I need a toolchain with hf support and libc 2.13 and gcc 4.6.x. The article at eLinux says nothing about the toolchain.

You could always apt-get build-essential and build on the BeagleBone..
 That is one of the main advantages of running Debian on the target.
;)

> So far I could download and run gcc-4.6 from http://www.emdebian.org/crosstools.html in Xubuntu, but I would like to have a place independent toolchain distributed like the one from Linaro, so that it could be also used with openSuSe, Fedora etc.

These should work on all of them, as long as you have their ia32-libs
pkg sets installed..
https://launchpad.net/linaro-toolchain-binaries/

Regards,

--