Re: Novena open laptop

Ben Hutchings <ben@decadent.org.uk> writes:

[...]

>> > The SoC is a Freescale i.MX6Q, which should be able to run the armhf
>>
>> imx6q or dual lite according to them, which is a little weird, as
>> they're talking of sata and there's no sata on dual lite.
>
> Well there are other ways to attach storage.

what would be the point of using an extra pci* / usb sata bridge while
you can get one for "free" ? [ if they want dualcore, they could have used
the imx6 dual, which does have sata ].

>> > port.  We currently have an mx5 kernel flavour for Freescale's previous
>> > generation, but it looks like it would be possible to support both with
>> > a single configuration (plus DT) now.
>>
>> It can be added into the mx5 flavour but as it's DT-only in the kernel,
>> it should rather be part of a multiplatform kernel flavour. It's on
>> my todo list but I was mainly waiting 3.7 to see how it goes.
>
> It would be great if we could get all or armhf using DT and just provide
> UP and SMP flavours (and then maybe add RT if people are interested).

I'm not sure that all armhf boards have been converted atm (at least on
imx side), so I guess we'll have to keep the actual flavours until
they've all been converted. Oh, and while we're at counting flavours, we may
even need at least one more for LPAE.

Arnaud