Re: Installing Debian on Qnap TS-219 PII

Am 14.11.2012 11:44, schrieb Arnaud Patard "(Rtp):
>> So after recompiling qcontrol and disabling the PIC watchdog, the
>> installation ran just find as expected. After the first reboot the
>
> Can you please open a bug on the qcontrol package and attach your
> changes so that it can be fixed for the other ts219 pII users ?

I just did that, the bug should appear in the database soon. Thanks for
pointing me to it, I probably would have thought of it otherwise.

>> modified qcontrol binary had to be added to the system and the
>> "watchdog" daemon from the repository is now used to keep the other
>> watchdog happy.
>
> on a side note, would be interesting to know also how to use the pic as
> watchdog but I guess it's lower priority than having qcontrol being able
> to disable it.

It would certainly be interesting but - at least for me - not very
useful to have two of these beasts running around. Qnap probably also
had their reasons for disabling it in their firmware.

Helmut