Re: Debian qnap 109 -> qnap 209

On 10/05/2012 12:13 PM, Björn Wetterbom wrote:
Well, you could try to install the ramdisk to flash using the Debian
installer. See
http://www.cyrius.com/journal/debian/installer-flash-kernel. Since the
109 and the 209 are very similar, it might work (they have the same
machine architecture).

I'm not sure if update-initramfs -u will flash, so to be extra sure
issue flash-kernel as well. If you use the same medium as in your 109 it
should be pretty straightforward. If you change medium you must update
your UUIDs in /etc/fstab.

Since I'm no expert, something probably will go wrong if you try this.
But it won't break anything.

Thx for your reply.
First I'm wondering how I start the debian-installer having the unbootable 109 disk in the 209. Unfortunately I installed debian already on the qnap 209.

I can boot that install with also the 109 drive in it, but how do I launch the d-i then? And how do I make sure the commands you suggested are executed for the right drive?

Regards

/B

On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 11:44 AM, rosea.grammostola