Re: pb with sheeva plug and usb/sd memory cards

On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 1:10 AM, Rick Thomas <rbthomas@pobox.com> wrote:

There have been persistent reports of flaky results with SD cards on Sheeva (and other) Plug devices. The best theory I've heard so far is that the SD interface hardware/software in the Plugs is vey picky about the specs and timing of the SD card interface. Many people have no problems for years, but if you happen to pick a card from a slightly out-of-spec batch, you will have no end of intermittent problems.

Why not just go back to using a USB flash stick?

Rick