Re: modern cheap NAS fully supported by Debian?

2012/7/20 Nicola Bernardini <nicb@sme-ccppd.org>:>
> I gave up on my NSLU 2 which seems irremediably broken (my guess is that
> the RAM is botched) and I would like to buy another NAS  in  that  price
> range or whereabouts. And of course, I would like to be able  to  run  a
> full Debian system on it. Debian  Squeeze  would  be  fine,  but  I  can
> install Woody if need be. What do you think is a good  buy?

Being a happy owner of an (now) officially Debian supported NAS device
for many years, I wouldn't go for anything else if I'd be upgrading
now: http://www.cyrius.com/debian/kirkwood/. In other words, I'd not
stare at small megahertz differences etc., just getting the one that
has support beginning from installer.

I love my orion based QNAP TS-109, and currently would upgrade to QNAP
TS-119 if I would have the need, but QNAP isn't cheap. So maybe the
Plug variants mentioned on the page instead.

-Timo