Re: u-boot and gpt

On Mon, 11 Jun 2012, Tim Fletcher wrote:

On 11 Jun 2012, at 00:19, "kqt4at5v@gmail.com" <kqt4at5v@gmail.com> wrote:

On Sun, 10 Jun 2012, Clint Adams wrote:

On Sun, Jun 10, 2012 at 05:55:41PM -0500, kqt4at5v@gmail.com wrote:
For a Guruplug where would I define this. I have compiled many
packages that use the configure script but this a bit different.

You could add it to include/configs/guruplug.h .  The other
partition schemes are enabled in include/configs/mv-common.h .

Got it. Rebuilt u-boot, installed and booted ok. One thing, after install I get *** Warning - bad CRC, using default environment
any ideas?

It means it can't find a correct environment, either it's been over written during the flash or it's stored in a different place on the original firmware. You can either shrug, run resetenv and set the environment up again or pick apart the settings of the old uboot environment from the backup you made   :)

I apologize for continuing this on a Debian list but the forum at plugcomuting.org refuses to allow me to register. I can rebuild the environment from my backup but I used guruplug-installer runme.sh to burn u-boot and it reports to have written the proper variables.

[rray@grumpy2 guruplug-installer]$ sudo ./runme.sh my_u-boot.kwb
[sudo] password for rray:
 ****     Preparing environment variables file ...
**** Burning uboot and environment variables ... This will take few minutes ...
Open On-Chip Debugger 0.2.0-in-development (2009-05-17-10:32) svn:1800M

BUGS? Read http://svn.berlios.de/svnroot/repos/openocd/trunk/BUGS

2000 kHz
dcc downloads are enabled
Info : JTAG tap: feroceon.cpu tap/device found: 0x20a023d3 (Manufacturer: 0x1e9, Part: 0x0a02, Version: 0x2)
Info : JTAG Tap/device matched
Error: unknown EmbeddedICE version (comms ctrl: 0x00000018)
Warn : no telnet port specified, using default port 4444
Warn : no gdb port specified, using default port 3333
Warn : no tcl port specified, using default port 6666
target state: halted
target halted in ARM state due to debug-request, current mode: Supervisor
cpsr: 0x000000d3 pc: 0xffff0000
MMU: disabled, D-Cache: disabled, I-Cache: disabled
0 0 1 0: 00052078
NAND flash device 'NAND 512MiB 3,3V 8-bit' found
successfully erased blocks 0 to 2 on NAND flash device 'NAND 512MiB 3,3V 8-bit' wrote file openocd/uboot.bin to NAND flash 0 up to offset 0x00038800 in 35.327751s
target state: halted
target halted in ARM state due to debug-request, current mode: Supervisor
cpsr: 0x000000d3 pc: 0xffff0000
MMU: disabled, D-Cache: disabled, I-Cache: disabled
0 0 1 0: 00052078
NAND flash device 'NAND 512MiB 3,3V 8-bit' found
successfully erased blocks 2 to 4 on NAND flash device 'NAND 512MiB 3,3V 8-bit' wrote file openocd/uboot-env.bin to NAND flash 0 up to offset 0x00060000 in 20.021597s
 ****   U-boot should be up and running now. Open your console ...

Should I be concerned about this coming back to bite me or maybe just ignore it?

Richard