Re: howto boot from harddrive

On Sun, 3 Jun 2012 14:53:16 -0500 (CDT)
kqt4at5v@gmail.com allegedly wrote:

> I just got a Guruplug server a couple of days ago. It booted right up
> as described and I connected and all worked fine. Then I installed
> Debian as decribed at
> 'http://www.cyrius.com/debian/kirkwood/sheevaplug/install.html' to a
> USB flash drive. Also no problems everything works fine. Now I want
> to move the os to a USB harddrive.

[ some deletia ]

Martin notes on his site that USB support is a "little flakey". I
agree. I have had quite a few problems with my sheevaplug. Try adding a
reset to the bootcmd so that if it fails, it will retry until success

Thus:

setenv bootcmd ‘setenv bootargs $(bootargs_console); run bootcmd_usb;
bootm 0×00800000 0×01100000; reset’

Mick

blog: baldric.net
fingerprint: E8D2 8882 F7AE DEB7 B2AA 9407 B9EA 82CC 1092 7423