Re: QNAP TS219 poweroff problem

2012/5/10 Martin Michlmayr <tbm@cyrius.com>

> * Rolf Offermanns <rolf.offermanns@gmx.net> [2012-05-08 10:37]:
> > I also noticed that the autopower function cannot be disabled on my
> > system. When my system is in the state described above and I powercycle
> > it, it will always turn on, even if I have disabled autopower using
> > qcontrol.
> >
> > Can anyone explain this? Does powering off work for you other 219
> > owners?
>
> It works for me.  The autopower function also worked for me when I
> last tried it a few years ago.
>
> Maybe it's related to the WOL support you added.  Have you tried with
> a pristine Debian kernel and qcontrol?

Yes, I have tried that ( I have only loaded my modified eth module for
testing purposes). Same result.

What happens when you press the power button for more than 5s? Will
you machine power off? Because mine does not but instead goes into the
state described above. The only option I have once it is in this state
is to powercycle. Otherwise it will not turn on again.

-Rolf