Re: Sheevaplug has Debian 5.0.3 pre-installed

On Tue, May 08, 2012 at 12:37:53AM -0700, jl.050877@gmail.com wrote:
> All the instructions that I find for Debian on Sheevaplug assume
> that the plug, as purchased, has Ubuntu on it.  The one that I just
> bought from Globalscale comes with Debian 5.0.3 (Lenny) pre-installed.
>
> Is the pre-installed Debian, unlike the Ubuntu they used to ship,
> fully functional as is?
>
> Is it safe to upgrade to Squeeze by the normal Debian process?

Even if it is fully functional and on the Nand, it probably won't survive
an update - there isn't enough space.

Martin Michlmayr's site (www.cyrius.com) has the Debian installer but
I don't know that there's an easy way to install on the NAND.

My older Sheevaplug next door runs an updated boot loader then boots
from the SD card, for example.

Andy