Re: Preventing the mixing of armhf packages

On 2012-04-26 at 00:18:39 -0700, Mike Thompson wrote:
> My thoughts were to not include the installation of the official Debian
> repository public keys on the Raspberry Pi, but only include the keys for
> the alternative Debian armhf repository that contains packages safe for the
> Raspberry Pi.  This wouldn't prevent someone from installing the official
> keys on their own, but it would at least present a barrier the user would
> have to intentionally pass over.

In the various LUG mailig lists I'm subscribed to I've often seen
people ignoring the unsigned packages warning with a joyful
"click ok and don't worry about it" attitude.

I'm afraid that the fact that usually nothing bad happens
means that the user won't expect this to be a sufficient warning
that the system is going to get seriously broken.

--
Elena ``of Valhalla''