Re: ARM kernel cross compilation issues for iMX53

On Sun, Mar 25, 2012 at 11:24 AM, Lennart Sorensen <lsorense@csclub.uwaterloo.ca> wrote:
Well so far I don't even get any kernel messages at boot, which isn't
a good start.

More poking to do.
--
Len Sorensen

Len,

Earlier this evening I finally got my iMX53 Quick Start Board successfully booting the stock Debian Linux kernel 3.2.12.  I'm going to poke around on it a bit and tune up the kernel configuration as it is all in tatters from my trying to get things working.  I'm also using the most recent version of u-boot with some patches to enable SATA support for booting from hard disk.

The thing that got me over the final hump was going back to Robert's patch for having u-boot set the ethernet hardware address.  Until this was applied to the version of u-boot I'm using the kernel refused to recognize the ethernet device.  Go figure as to why the kernel doesn't take care of this itself.

If useful, when I get a chance tomorrow, I'll write up my configuration and include the config file that works for me.

Mike