Re: Installing Debian on Qnap TS-219 PII

Am 08.11.2012 16:27, schrieb Rainer H. Rauschenberg:
> On Wed, 7 Nov 2012, Hoshpak wrote:
>
>> After rebooting the device, I am now able to log into the device using
>> ssh and start the installer. The only problem is, after a few minutes
>> the device resets itself thus aborting the installation process. This
>> happens no matter if the installer is actually doing something or just
>> waiting for input. Since the ssh-session is killed instantly when it
>> happens, I couldn't find out what caused the device to reset itself.
> Had sth similar when installing debian on an nslu2. Was a slowly dying
> power-supply.

I don't think (or at least don't hope) that this is the case here since
I just bought the device a few days ago. I rather think that there is
some incompatibility with the hardware since the TS-219P II doesn't have
exactly the same hardware as earlier devices (e.g. it has USB 3.0
ports). I am just wondering if there is some way to find out what is
really causing these problems or work around it since the device is
pretty much useless with the stock firmware provided by Qnap.

Has anyone here tried installing Debian on this hardware or already
installed it successfully?

Helmut