Re: modern cheap NAS fully supported by Debian? - slightly OT

Le 30/07/2012 19:57, Brian Platt a écrit :

>> Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2012 17:24:51 +0100
>> From: mbm@rlogin.net
>> To: debian-arm@lists.debian.org
>> Subject: Re: modern cheap NAS fully supported by Debian? - slightly OT
>>
>> On Fri, 27 Jul 2012 09:03:15 +0100
>> Tim Fletcher <tim@night-shade.org.uk> allegedly wrote:
>> >
>> > Even powerful modern x86 boxes are still CPU bound with scp so as
>> > Tixy says adding scp to the mix complicates the testing.
>> >
>> > For example I get roughly USB2 wire-speed (30mb/s ish) from my
>> > iconnect over iscsi, AoE or nfs but much slower if I use scp or rsync
>> > over ssh. --
>> >

>> OK, OK, I picked a bad test.
>>
>> For comparison, here are the results copying from NFS and CIFS mounts
>> alongside the original scp test figures.
>>

>> scp NFS CIFS
>>
>> slug 1.3 MB/s 3.9 MB/s 4.2 MB/s
>>
>> DNS 320 3.6 MB/s 7.6 MB/s 5.6 MB/s
>>
>> I confess I am puzzled by the difference between the two devices using
>> CIFS. I have repeated the tests and get the same results. It seems odd
>> that CIFS should be faster than NFS on the slug, but so much slower on
>> the DNS. I guess that may be down to implementation (or version)
>> differences.
>>
>> Mick

>> blog: baldric.net
>> fingerprint: FC23 3338 F664 5E66 876B 72C0 0A1F E60B 5BAD D312
>>
>> Note that I have recently upgraded my GPG key see:
>> http://baldric.net/2012/07/20/gpg-key-upgrade/
>>

> I'm currently seeking an upgrade to my NSLU2 and just bought a Thecus
> N2100 as you can install a internal wireless adapter via mini-pci slot
> and also upgrade the RAM to 512MB. Overall has a nice spec
>
>   * Intel IOP 80219 CPU running at 600 MHz
>   * 2 SATA slots
>   * 1 DDR400 slot, populated with 128 MB RAM
>   * 3 USB 2.0 ports
>   * 2 GBit Ethernet
>   * 1 mini-PCI slot
>

> Installation instructions can be found here
> http://www.cyrius.com/debian/iop/n2100/
>
> I'll let you know how i get on with it.

I own four thecus N2100, three on debian.

The last one was broken trying to upgrade the redboot firmware with a
serial console.
I never get sufficient information to plug a jtag, if it is possible, to
try to revive it.

They all are upgraded with 256 Go DDR.

The three debianized n2100 are working 24/24 7/7 and are working well
from years.

I preffer RaidSonic (debianized) which are sheevaplug based and get
faster network transfers.

With the 6220 (RaidSonic) I get around 5 MB/s reading with SCP, 50 MB/s
reading with NFS.