Re: armel *and* armhf qualification for Wheezy

On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 05:44:10PM +0200, Mike Hommey wrote:
>Hi Steve,

Hey Mike,

>On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 04:26:10PM +0100, Steve McIntyre wrote:
>> In terms of raw buildd CPU right now, I think we're doing OK, but
>> memory is more of a limiting factor with bigger C++ builds.
>
>As maintainer of such a package that pushes buildds limits, I have a
>question.
>Isn't memory really only a problem when linking C++ with big DWARF info?

Honestly, I'm not 100% sure where all the memory is going. I do know
that at current rates of usage increase we'll struggle to link some
large programs (like browsers) on any 32-bit platform soon.

>Would it be worth trying to link with gold for these?

It might be, yes. I can try that with iceweasel on an imx53 or Panda
with 1GB if you like. Are there any non-obvious patches needed to the
packaging?

  Getting a SCSI chain working is perfectly simple if you remember that there
  must be exactly three terminations: one on one end of the cable, one on the
  far end, and the goat, terminated over the SCSI chain with a silver-handled
  knife whilst burning *black* candles. --- Anthony DeBoer