Re: getting a list of out of date binaries in armhf testing.

[dropped the non-existent debian-ftp@lists.d.o from CC]

On Fri, 2012-03-23 at 21:56 +0000, peter green wrote:
> Afaict one of the key steps in getting an architecture to release status
> is to deal with (prefferablly by fixing but I guess removing could also
> be an option in some cases) any out of date packages for that
> architecture in testing. Am I correct?

It's certainly a useful thing to do, yeah.  Note that binary removals
from testing don't happen, though...

> If so is there any easy way to get a list of such packages? I found
> http://ftp-master.debian.org/testing/testing_outdate.txt but it doesn't
> seem to cover armhf.

You didn't notice that it /does/ cover alpha, hppa and the interestingly
named "hppa~" architectures instead? ;-)  Basically, it's still pointing
at the britney1 output files, which haven't been updated in quite some
time now - since July, in fact.  I'll get it updated to use the britney2
files.

[Also fwiw the above URL is a link to
http://release.debian.org/britney/testing_outdate.txt , which is more
canonical these days, given that ftp-master haven't run britney for a
few years.]

Regards,

Adam