Re: Questions regarding armhf port for Raspberry Pi

At Wed, 7 Mar 2012 11:39:43 +0000, Wookey wrote:

> If there is enough enthusiasm

Pardon my 2 cents from the peanut gallery.  Considering that the
Raspberry Pi is currently selling at a rate of 700 per second (and
it's been on sale for a full week now), I would call that a mentally
kook-tastic amount of enthusiasm:
"Raspberry Pi demand running at '700 per second'":
http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2012/mar/05/raspberry-pi-demand

Mike Thomson, I wish you the very best in your endeavour.  Kudos for
taking the initiative!  I hope this news bite brightens your day!

I personally hope that Debian extends a warm welcome to all the new
GNU/Linux users flocking to the Raspberry Pi, who very well might
otherwise gravitate to the Fedora Remix made at Seneca college (who,
as you probably already know, has "hardfloat"-compiled packages).

Cheers,
esbeeb