Re: RFS: eclipse (new upstream release with Java 7 support)

On 12/30/2011 11:23 PM, Jakub Adam wrote:
>> on which platforms? i.e. are the "architecture templates" updated to build on
>> more than amd64 and i386?
>
> There are arm, ia64, mips, ppc and sparc in the additional architectures - see
> contents of
> debian/eclipse-build-additionalArchs.tar.bz2.
>
> I tried to build the armel variant and successfully compiled
> org.eclipse.swt.gtk.linux.arm
> plugin, which failed in previous 3.7.0-1 version[1], though I wasn't able to
> finish the complete
> build because of insufficient amount of RAM (seems it's not possible to use more
> than 256MB
> with arm in qemu).

currently the heap of a process on ARM is limited to 2GB (which is still not
enough to build eclipse).  There is a fix submitted upstream which should help
with this (https://launchpad.net/bugs/861296), although it needs deployment on
the armel and armhf builders as well.  This will allow building some more
haskell packages as well.