Re: python-enchant is not importable in python 2.6 on armhf. Any idea which package is at fault?

Hector Oron wrote:
Hello again,

2011/12/25 peter green <plugwash@p10link.net>:
While investigating the build failure of scim-python on armhf I discovered
that importing enchant with python 2.6 fails on armhf

root@debian:/# python2.6 -c "import enchant"
Traceback (most recent call last):
 File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
 File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/enchant/__init__.py", line 90, in
<module>
  from enchant import _enchant as _e
 File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/enchant/_enchant.py", line 133, in
<module>
  raise ImportError("enchant C library not found")
ImportError: enchant C library not found
root@debian:/#

Right, I was unable to reproduce on harris.debian.org, porterbox using
debian-ports.org packages, but I was able to reproduce on buildd,
running from official archive:

(sid-armhf-sbuild)root@hoiby:~# python2.6 -c "import enchant"
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 1, in <module>
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/enchant/__init__.py", line
90, in <module>
    from enchant import _enchant as _e
  File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/enchant/_enchant.py", line
133, in <module>
    raise ImportError("enchant C library not found")
ImportError: enchant C library not found

python2.6 package was uploaded in binary form, without any
coordination with porters doing armhf bootstrapping, by its maintainer
Matthias Klose.
So would the reasonable thing to do be to binnmu it and see if the problem goes away?
Cheers,