Re: CuBox hardware

On Tue, Dec 20, 2011 at 03:08:49AM +0000, peter green wrote:
> I would question whether yet another arm devbox can be succesul,
> especially one that does not appear to have support from a SOC vendor
> (compared to raspberry pi which is broadcom supported and beagle/panda
> which is Ti supported) and that does not appear to have built a community
> prior to release.

I suppose it depends on your definition of "successful".  The Seagate
DockStar and GoFlex devices gained Debian (and other distro) support
with no help from the vendor, just because they were available at
attractive prices.

What I'm most curious about is the HDMI output, which could make it a
nice media player.  It's hard enough to get that to work on
"mainstream" boxes.  Does anyone know how well the HDMI is supported
by X11 and ALSA on this hardware?