Re: Does anyone recommend the Smart Book from Always Innovating

Marek Vasut <marek.vasut@gmail.com> writes:

>> Hello,
>>
>> 2011/11/13 Goswin von Brederlow <goswin-v-b@web.de>:
>> > I'm considering buying a Smart Book from Always Innovating [1]:
>> >
>> >    *  1GHz ARM cortex-A8 DM3730 with video and 3D acceleration
>> >    * Numonyx 512MB RAM + 256 MB NAND
>> >    * 8GB microSD card
>> >    * 1024x600 8.9" capacitive touchscreen
>> >
>> > Does anyone have one and can recommend it?
>>
>> I have seen one long time ago, it was a nice feature to detach
>> keyboard from screen, but the plastic case seem very cheap and it did
>> not boot after battery went dry, we had to open it and extract the
>> battery to recharge it with an external power supply. Battery was
>> holding inside with some kind of adhesive tape. It really looked like
>> a home-made device based around a beagle board.
>>
>> http://www.slashgear.com/always-innovating-touch-book-gets-unboxed-first-im
>> pressions-mixed-2052980/
>
> That's touchbook, not smartbook. SB seems really like a vaporware.

Well, from what I understand the smartbook is just the v2 Touch Book, the
MID and some other pices thrown together into one order. It's not
different hardware. But the above url is the v1 Touch Book.

I know the v1 book had some balance issues, seen one in the past. I hope
they have adressed that for v2. Maybe they improved the battery fixtures
too.

Can anyone comment on the software side?

MfG
        Goswin