Re: "arm-linux-gnueabi-gcc-4.4 -march=armv4t" silently produces "armv7"

On Tue, Nov 8, 2011 at 10:12 AM, Timo Juhani Lindfors
<timo.lindfors@iki.fi> wrote:
> Steffen Dettmer <steffen.dettmer@googlemail.com> writes:
>> I tried to compile with "arm-linux-gnueabi-gcc-4.4 -march=armv4t", but
>
> Works fine here on openmoko running debian unstable:
 [...]
> lindi@ginger:~$ dpkg-query -W gcc-4.4
> gcc-4.4 4.4.6-11
 [...]
> That seems to be from ubuntu indeed, there is no such package in
> debian. Afaik debian does not have cross-compilers in the archive
> yet. See

Thanks a lot for your quick reply!
So I have a bad package.

Could you instruct me how do I install gcc-4.4 4.4.6-11?
Do I need to change sources.list?
I assume the "squeeze/sid" (Ubuntu?) box can install and run this package, too?
(sorry for my silly questions, but I only know /etc/debian_version).

I hope installing the right (your) package hopefully should not
relatively easy, could you please tell me how to do that?

oki,

Steffen

ps:
By accident I noted tha the `available version details' of
dpkg-query -p include:
  Maintainer: Ubuntu Core developers <ubuntu-devel-discuss@lists.ubuntu.com>
so I should report my problem to the first one, is this correct?