Re: Debian GNU/Linux on tablet hardware

On Fri, 2011-10-28 at 17:01 +0100, Luke Kenneth Casson Leighton wrote:

>  only if you're prepared to place a cash up-front order for a large
> number of units, because you're dealing "direct" with the factory.
> the exceptions to that, that i know of, will be companies like the one
> i'm dealing with (because they trust me), and franson who runs
> quickembed would almost certainly be happy to sell you an
> off-the-shelf motherboard from something he's designed (or licensed)
> already.

What is needed for the FreedomBox is hardware that is already used by a
major brand. This hardware can be more trusted with regard of quality
and availability. It is not needed to place orders before testing. We
can just get the motherboard from a device that we buy. If things go
well, then we can contact the manufacturer.

I don't think we should try to specify our own hardware. Too risky for
me. We should liberate existing hardware from the android :-)

Regards,
Rob van der Hoeven

http://freedomboxblog.nl